- Asbestos Exposure - earthquakes and fires can release asbestos fibers which are extremely dangerous - read more here: https://www.asbestos.com/asbestos/natural-disasters/
- International ShakeOut Day is always the third Thursday of October.
As always, you can hold your ShakeOut drill when and where you want. You can choose another date or several dates, and include people in multiple locations (home, work, or school), perhaps through video conferencing. It's actually a good idea to practice earthquake safety in different situations each year!
Start here to register and use the link below to see the FAQs about the 2023 Great California ShakeOut!
- See the California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) Earthquake page here: https://www.caloes.ca.gov/office-of-the-director/operations/planning-preparedness-prevention/seismic-hazards/earthquake-preparedness/
- More about California Earthquake Preparedness here: https://earthquake.ca.gov/
- Topanga Coalition for Emergency Preparedness (TCEP) has additional information for children, pets, and more, here: TCEP Earthquake Page