In an emergency, communication is really important. EPIC-FSC will send you alerts about what’s happening and will give you updates once per hour. You’ll keep getting messages until everything is back to normal. It might take up to a week to get help after an earthquake and your phone might not work for a while.
You must address some important facts:
Your radio and televisions may not work:
- before, during, and after a magnitude 7 earthquake.
- when a PSPS (Public Safety Power Shutoff) has been declared and you lose electricity and lose power to your home phones, Internet, TV, heater and appliances.
Let’s take a look at your cell phone. What happens if:
- Your phone’s battery dies while there is a power outage?
- A power outage has rendered the cell towers inoperable?
If your radio, television, and cell phone service are all down:
- how will you reach your family?
- how will you know if you should evacuate?
- how will you know from where the risk is coming?
- how will you know when it is safe to repopulate?
EPIC-FSC has the solution by providing real-life solutions like the creation of ECHO, the Emergency Communication for Home Occupants. This emergency communication program will help you successfully navigate communications at the start of an emergency, during the event, and throughout the recovery phase.
The first thing to do is to learn. EPIC can help you by giving you information on how to buy and use a radio to stay in touch. We also share updates on our website and other places.