COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out our contact form, make a donation, communicate with us via third party social media sites, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information (although payment information is generally collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
Consent to Use of Data and Mobile Communications
You consent to our communicating with you about the Site and the Campaign by text message, email or other electronic means. Your carrier’s normal, messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply to these communications.
This website is not directed to children and does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use this website. If you are aware of a child’s personal information having been provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log and Usage Information:
We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction. We do not retain your credit card information after your donation is completed.
We may derive the approximate location of your device.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:
We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please go to your browser settings.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site. For example, we and our service providers may collect information about you from third parties like PayPal.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site.
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in our services and the use of the Site.
- Communicate with you about preparedness and emergencies, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, and activities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site.
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, except: (1) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.